No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls*
For those with peanut allergies, please substitute another nut or seed butter (tahini or pumpkin butter from pumpkin seeds are two favorites!) of your choice.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (use gluten free, if applicable)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or shelled hempseed
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds (raw or barely salted, no oils)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon or ginger (to help upset stomachs)
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (or almond or tahini butter), melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
Combine oats, almonds, flaxseed, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir until combined.
Melt peanut butter, allowing it to cool slightly. Stir in honey and vanilla extract until it’s combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together with your hands. A spoon will not bring it together well enough – get messy! Once mixture is sticking together, roll dough into balls.
Roll the balls in the sesame seeds and keep in an air tight container in the fridge. They are great cold and great to bring to work for that afternoon craving.
*From on the Ignite Naturals blog by GET IN on November 23, 2012