No matter how old or young we may be chronologically, our bodies & minds don’t always match up. As we age, we hope, pray, and work to keep our bodies & minds feeling, looking, & acting younger than we are, BUT even when we are still relatively young in years, we have to make an effort to stay strong & healthy. At the ripe old age of 30, an osteopathic doctor told me (the health food nut & athlete) that I had bursitis in my left hip and was developing arthritis in BOTH HIPS, not to mention a whole slew of other diagnoses that included words like impingement, dysfunction, enthesopathy & facetogenic pain (till not sure if that’s pain that makes your face twist up or not 😀 sure feels like it though). While my chronological age is almost 30, the physical age of my hips seems to be about DOUBLE that!
So what do we do when we are faced with pain & problems that disturb our internal balance? When I work with people as a Health & Wellness Consultant, I look at the whole person (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, etc.) because each piece plays a role in creating a lifestyle wellness plan that meets that individual’s needs, goals, & life demands. Consider this a type of “Couch Potato to 5k” program that lasts a lifetime and prepares you to run the race of life at your own pace. Even the best athletes and the seemingly healthiest people need support and guidance because no one knows everything….a hard lesson to learn for us “know it alls.”
We weren’t created in isolation and therefore cannot live happy, healthy lives in isolation.
So we take what we know and apply it to ourselves as best we can then we go out into the world to fill in the gaps that will link us to others and create a stronger, healthier, happier community and world. I know how to eat right and exercise my body BUT I don’t know what will help strengthen the muscular imbalances my body has because of genetics and previous injuries. So I go to an osteopathic doctor, a chiropractor, and a physical therapist.
Where is the mortar missing in the brick foundation of your life?
- poor or imbalance diet?
- physical pain or inactivity?
- high stress at home/work?
- financial constraints?
- you fill in the blank _______________
*Ready to make a change that’s affordable & manageable & just for you?
Your Health & Wellness Plan will include:
- initial assessment (90 minutes) of past/present lifestyle habits & stressors, important life events, goals, strengths, limitations, potential roadblocks
- weekly 1-on-1 sessions (30 – 90 min.) in the office, grocery, kitchen, gym, yoga studio or in nature to teach & support the action plan
- bi-monthly group sessions (60 – 90 min.) for support & community building
- monthly re-evaluation (30 – 60 min.) to chart your progress & modify as needed
COST: $100 – 200 / mth (adjustable, income-based)
***To setup an appointment,
- click here
- choose Health & Lifestyle Coaching
- enter the time/day
- add your contact information
- show up and create the life you’ve always wanted!
Here are some additional links to help prevent and rehab injuries: