Locations: the Levite JCC, Highlands School, Homewood Park, Shades Cahaba Elementary School, Avondale Elementary School (where I’m coaching :)), YMCA Youth Center, & YWCA Family Center.
This program is volunteer coached & supported by locals interested in the mission to “inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.”
GOTR uses the power of running to provide girls in grades 3-5 with the tools to:
- Celebrate their bodies
- Honor their voices
- Recognize their gifts, and
- Activate their personal power
GET INVOLVED! HOW?
- volunteer as a coach or asst. coach (jr. coaches if under 18) for 1.5-3hrs/12wks
- sign up your 3rd – 5th grader for GOTR
- register for the Magic City/Ruben Studdard 5K on Sunday November 18th
- volunteer as a Running Buddy
- become a sponsor/donor for GOTR (Contact GOTR ED Catherine Gregory)
- be a SoulMates sponsor for GOTR as you race any 5k/10K/half-/full marathon